martes, 20 de enero de 2015


Quoting the sources

Iggy Azalea

Recently I have discovered a singer I have never heard about before when I was listening to the radio. The song shown was “Black Widow”, and the singer: Iggy Azalea, who sings the song with Rita Ora. As I said before, I have never heard any song of Azalea, and the truth is that I like them a lot. She has also collaborated with many other singers, for instance Jennifer López.

Related to her life, she was born in Sydney (Australia) on the 7th July of 1990. Her real name is Amethyst Amelia Kelly, and Iggy Azalea is her artistic name, a mixture of the name of the pet of her childhood, Iggy, and the main street from the neighborhood where she grew up, Azalea Street. Although she is also model, basically she is a singer, especially she sings rap, which composes by herself. Despite having being born in Australia, her family moved to Wales when she was very young. A curiosity of her life is that she suffered bullying, so at the age of 14 she left the school, and began to work with her mother. Before turning 16, she travelled to the United States looking for opportunities as a singer of “hip-hop”, and she was discovered by the rapper T.I., who helped her to develop her first works. Azalea is mainly known for her successful songs “Fancy”, “Problem”, “Work”, and “Black Widow”. Iggy Azalea has been winner twice in the “Teen Choice Awards”, as well as having received a variety of nominations in the “MTV Video Music Awards”. (A)

Here I show you the videoclip from the song which discovered me that singer, and to which I have been totally addicted recently: “Black Widow”.




(A)       “Iggy Azalea” Wikipedia.com, accessed January 20, 2015.       http://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iggy_Azalea



No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario